We are a group of rowers and rowing enthusiasts dedicated to the promotion of the sport of rowing on Chautauqua Lake, a sport which once held great prominence here. Rowing is not only enjoyable, it has many benefits; it provides fitness, is environmentally friendly, and helps to strengthen the community. Contact us for more information.
MISSION: The Chautauqua Lake Rowing Association (CLRA) is committed to making the sport of rowing accessible to everyone for a lifetime. By revitializing a long tradition of rowing on Chautauqua Lake, the CLRA offers unique opportunities for teamwork, fitness, and competition.
VISION: Our vision is of a region that treasures the river and lake as a natural resource and pursues the development of a passion for rowing among youth and adults of all ages.
- Incorporated December 14, 2005.
- Not for Profit 501(c)3 Corporation.
- Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Programs are run by a team of volunteer coaches.
- Created and expanded a scholastic rowing program.
- During the first five years, instructed over 200 individuals per year.